As we’ve been rolling through Owen K.C. Stephens Week here at the Pick, I’ve noticed a lot of folks comment that they own more books featuring his work than that of any other writer or designer in RPGs. It’s impressive as hell, but not hard to believe – if there’s a more prolific creator in RPGs, I don’t know who it is.
Take this Pick for example – from Legendary Games, a book dedicated to taking your Pathfinder games from heroic to legendary to absolutely mythic, and there’s no way they would have tried such a thing without Owen being on board. There’s also a lot of other amazing creators, which is also no surprise; Owen is a master collaborator, among his many talents.
Heroes Ready to Make History!
The Mythic Hero’s Handbook brings you an incredible array of expansions for the mythic rules for the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game! You’ll find exciting and innovative ideas for existing rules alongside a wealth of all-new material from the authors that know mythic like nobody else. You’ll find options galore to suit any character build and inspiration for new heroic directions to take on your path to immortality, whether your character is a holy hierophant or treacherous trickster, an indomitable champion or inventive genius, a steadfast guardian of others or a steely-eyed stranger ready to launch a roaring rampage of revenge!
These rules elements can be incorporated into a traditional Pathfinder campaign as well as one using the full mythic rules! While this book is an encyclopedic expansion to the mythic rules, many elements are easily slipped into a standard campaign in the form of lost lore, secret mysteries, and the training techniques of revered and ancient masters. The lost relics of an ancient civilization or the peculiar traditions of distant empires can all be modeled with the mythic rules. Even better, since the mythic rules function like a template overlaid upon a standard character, mythic power can easily be given through divine blessing, mysterious ritual, or the hand of destiny, and then withdrawn after the climactic crisis has passed.
The Mythic Hero’s Handbook includes:
– Over 120 new path abilities for the archmage, champion, guardian, hierophant, and trickster mythic paths and universal path abilities for every mythic character!
– Four brand-new mythic paths – the genius, living saint, overmind, and the vengeful stranger – with over 150 path abilities exclusively for them!
– Mythic class features for over 30 character classes for levels 1 to 20, including every core and base class in the core rules plus 11 more classes from Kobold Press and Rogue Genius Games like the battle scion, dragonrider, time thief, and white necromancer!
– Over 1000 mythic feats, including mythic versions of every feat in the core rules, plus hundreds more from official companion products and the official campaign setting and more!
– An entire chapter devoted to mythic psionics by the experts at Dreamscarred Press, including a new mythic path and 60 psionic path abilities, plus dozens of mythic psionic feats and over 100 mythic psionic powers!
– Over 30 mythic magic items from the blade-eating battleaxe to the midnight beacon, along with expanded rules for legendary items
– A comprehensive mythic skills system, alongside rules for mythic curses and traps, replacing magic items with inherent abilities, and an extensive discussion of the unique challenges of mythic play!
– Extensive hyperlinked referencing for ease of reference in the PDF version.
– and much Much MUCH MORE!
Sean Patrick Fannon
Writer & Game Designer: Shaintar, Star Wars, Savage Rifts, much more
Please check out my Patreon and get involved directly with my next projects!