Here’s today’s Savage Genghis Week Pick (even as I am scrambling to get ready for Genghis Con 42, which starts tomorrow). Titan Effect is a very cool concept for Savage Worlds fans, mixing strange powers with sci-fi/techno-thriller intrigue and action. It’s a powerful concept with excellent execution (and a really neat high-end PDF with lots of bells and whistles, including a “Tactical Edition” designed for use on your smart phone and tablet.
An espionage/science fiction RPG!
The world is not what it seems. Ordinary people haven’t realized how strange and dangerous it has become, but things are about to change…
Psychics and bio-augmented humans work as spies and soldiers on behalf of criminal organizations, private military companies, and secret societies, in a covert war that has been raging for decades. Some are fighting for control and power, while others seek to shape the future of human evolution.
In the middle of this conflict, stands the worldwide clandestine organization known as the Special Executive Assault and Recon or SPEAR. Its mission: to track and neutralize biological and psychic threats, and to prevent the world from falling into chaos.
To fulfill its mission, the SPEAR hires people with unique sets of skills, possessing powerful psychic abilities. Its agents come from different nationalities and backgrounds. Some are there to make a difference, others to taste adventure, while some have no other place to go.
Titan Effect RPG is a licensed campaign setting for Savage Worlds.
Take on the role of a trained operative gifted with psychic abilities and fight against genetically enhanced soldiers, and shadowy organizations in a secret war in which the future of human evolution is at stake.
Titan Effect RPG combines biopunk, spy thriller, and superhero elements. Players are plunged into a world filled with conspiracies, secret organizations, dangerous bioengineered creatures, and psychic phenomena. A world where the boundary between “good” and “evil” is blurred…
Titan Effect RPG requires the Savage Worlds core rules and the Super Powers Companion (see below) to play. Titan Effect is now compatible with Savage Worlds Adventure Edition (see below)
Titan Effect RPG features:
- A brand new PDF with interactive buttons and tabs for an easy and intuitive navigation.
- A short comic book that provides an introduction to Titan Effect’s universe;
- New Edges, Hindrances, and Powers;
- New Setting Rules, including background and rules to play psychics with the Super Powers Companion;
- New gear, gadgets, and weapons, compatible with other modern settings, with a new Equipment Point System to easily and dynamically handle the “gear-up phase” of your teams before each mission;
- Alternative timeline with historical events that shaped Titan Effect’s universe, including 5 major enemy organizations and how to use them in your campaign;
- Adventure hooks and a Mission Generator to help you quickly build exciting adventures;
- 40+ NPCs and creatures;
- And more!
You think you can make a difference? Find out now!
Check out Prowlers & Paragons Ultimate Edition (Kickstarter March 19th), the next generation of superhero gaming!
Sean Patrick Fannon
Writer & Game Designer: Shaintar, Star Wars, Savage Rifts, Freedom Squadron, Prowlers & Paragons Ultimate Edition, and much more!
Please check out my Patreon and get involved directly with my next projects!