Shoot Nazis! Blow up supernatural creatures! Save the world! One of the things I love best about Modiphius’ Achtung! Cthulhu line is that, while Lovecraftian in essence, the capacity for rollicking good heroism in the face of all kinds of evil is omnipresent. This Investigator’s Guide is set up to let you make characters for both Call of Cthulhu (6e, but Chaosium is doing a pretty good job of supporting easy translations to the new 7th) and Savage Worlds.
Regardless of the system, the material is solid for whatever system you want to use, so long as you want a cool, scary, and pulptastic world of action and adventure in a World at War.
Achtung! Cthulhu is a terrifying World War Two setting, fully compatible with the Call of Cthulhu, Sixth Edition and Savage Worlds roleplaying games. This is the Investigator’s Guide, with everything players need to create and run character’s in the late 30’s and 40’s.
Discover the secret history of World War Two: stories of amazing heroism, in which stalwart men and women struggle to overthrow a nightmare alliance of steel and the occult; of frightening inhuman conspiracies from the depths of time; of the unbelievable war machines which are the product of Nazi engineering genius – and how close we all are to a slithering end! The Secret War has begun!
Inside you’ll find a whole kit-bag stuffed with:
• New occupations, skills, equipment, and backgrounds from across Europe, the British Commonwealth, and the United States
• How you can keep the home fires burning, become part of the Allied war effort, or risk everything by joining the partisans to bring down the Reich from within!
• What life was like serving with the various military forces and on the Home Front
• An array of historical and fictional material to help you create exciting player characters and NPCs
• A background generator, designed to help you find out what dark secrets your past contains…
• Full rules for use with BOTH Call of Cthulhu 6th Edition AND Savage Worlds in one book!
The Investigator’s Guide to the Secret War is the definitive guide to the late 1930s and ‘40s for use by players and Keepers alike.
Don’t miss the Achtung! Cthulhu Keeper’s Guide to the Secret War also available now. The essential wartime reference for any Keeper or fan of the Cthulhu Mythos. A full-blown tome of dark knowledge, including – Allied and Nazi forces & intelligence agencies, New rules and strategies for World War Two combat & survival, Key characters & vile creatures, New tomes, secret weapons, artefacts & equipment, Occult organisations and Mythos-based missions, Full rules for use with Call of Cthulhu 6th Edition and Savage Worlds in one book! In fact – There’s a whole Shoggoth’s worth of Cthulhu villainy, enough for any Keeper to have his investigators dead, insane or running for their lives in no time!
Sean Patrick Fannon
Writer & Game Designer: Shaintar, Star Wars, Savage Rifts, Freedom Squadron, and much more!
Please check out my Patreon and get involved directly with my next projects!