Today’s Pick for Player’s Guides to Awesomeness Week is the player-facing product for that most-praised gateway into modern eldritch horror, the Delta Green Agent’s Handbook. Everything a player needs to create a character, become as capable an agent as possible, and even engage with “the home front” so they can have a sense of what they are fighting/dying/going insane for is right here in this award-winning and critically acclaimed tome.
Silver Ennie Award winner for Best Supplement, 2016.
WELCOME TO THE APOCALYPSE
Born of the U.S. government’s 1928 raid on the degenerate coastal town of Innsmouth, Massachusetts, the covert agency known as Delta Green spent four decades opposing the forces of darkness with honor, but without glory. Stripped of sanction after a disastrous 1969 operation in Cambodia, Delta Green’s leaders made a secret pact: to continue their work without authority, without support, and without fear. Delta Green agents slip through the system, manipulating the federal bureaucracy while pushing the darkness back for another day—but often at a shattering personal cost.
In Delta Green: The Role-Playing Game, you are one of those agents. You’re the one they call when unnatural horrors seep into the world. You fight to keep cosmic evil from claiming human lives and sanity. You conspire to cover it all up so no one else must see what you’ve seen—or learn the terrible truths you’ve discovered.
The AGENT’S HANDBOOK is a players-only rulebook for Delta Green: The Role-Playing Game. This new incarnation of the award-winning DELTA GREEN game line includes:
- Rules for creating agents of all types.
- Rules for tense, fluid investigations. Players who use their agents’ skills in clever ways have the best chance to succeed — and survive.
- Nerve-wracking rules for combat, where random disasters can undo the most careful planning.
- Mind-melting Sanity rules that see agents gradually deteriorate — and sometimes snap.
- Rules for “home” scenes where players see what their agents are fighting for.
- Quick, intuitive rules to determine equipment and assets.
- Dossiers on the federal agencies most likely to be featured in play.
Sean Patrick Fannon
Writer & Game Designer: Shaintar, Star Wars, Savage Rifts, Freedom Squadron, and much more!
Please check out my Patreon and get involved directly with my next projects!