I’m baaaack! Last week was the Gathering of Champions Epic Road Trip, and this week, I am at Denver Startup Week with my COO, Michael Surbrook, as we explore “next level” efforts for Evil Beagle. Still, gonna try to get this week’s Picks done as I go, and it’s Horrific New Horror Week this time around, starting with Fat Goblin‘s 5th Edition Horror. The book is dedicated to taking your 5th edition fantasy gaming deep into the territories of dread, madness, terror, and darkness, and Fat Goblin is a solid house doing great work.
If you have ever wanted to play in a 5th Edition Fantasy setting that is heavily influenced by horrors of madness, violence, and grotesqueness, by all means, acquire this book.
It Included the following elements for a dastardly campaign of fear and folly:
* Character archetypes for every core class.
* A brand new class, the Apothecary, that mixes potions and uses new and untested sciences to explore a dangerous world.
* New spells, feats, and even modified skills to help you gear your game towards a horror campaign.
* A multitude of new monsters meant to turn your stomach, addle your mind, and haunt your dreams.
* A treatise on villainy, with modifications for deranged murderers and disturbed masterminds.
* Advice on how to make your games spooky, dreadful, devilishly short, or even existentially doomed.
There is plenty for player and game master alike to fuel a campaign of horror for 5th edition fantasy, and enough to paint a character or setting into dreary stories of woe and ruin. Seek it out at your own risk.
Sean Patrick Fannon
Writer & Game Designer: Shaintar, Star Wars, Savage Rifts, Freedom Squadron, and much more!
Please check out my Patreon and get involved directly with my next projects!