This Fantastic New Future Week Pick is one my friends have been playing during our Monday Night Savages gathering at the local game store/event space, Total Escape Games (great store, great people!). Based on the highly popular and innovative Blades in the Dark game, Scum and Villainy is just what it sounds like – Firefly and Edge of the Empire got together over drinks and…
High adventure among the stars.
Welcome to the world of SCUM AND VILLAINY
Scum and Villainy is a Forged in the Dark game about a spaceship crew trying to make ends meet under the iron-fisted rule of the Galactic Hegemony.
Work with the members of your crew to thrive despite powerful criminal syndicates, warring noble families, dangerous aliens, and strange mystics. Explore the ruins of lost civilizations for fun and profit. Can your motley crew hold it together long enough to strike it big and insure your fame across the sector?
Scum and Villainy is a stand-alone RPG based on the Forged in the Dark game engine. In this book, you’ll find:
- A clear gameplay structure that puts the focus on the criminal undertakings of the crew. A session of play consists of a job followed by recovery, downtime projects, and advancement.
- Ship “character sheets” that allow for XP spends, upgrades, and leveling up alongside your characters.
- Crew advancement opportunities to reflect the change from a ragtag group barely flying in the black to a reputed crew that has built a name across the sector.
- Forged in the Dark tools to help keep the focus on the action of the job rather than the extensive planning needed to make it happen.
- Character and ship types to help create a unique and interesting crew at light speed.
MAY YOUR SHIP FLY TRUE, AND YOUR BLASTERS NEVER JAM.
Sean Patrick Fannon
Writer & Game Designer: Shaintar, Star Wars, Savage Rifts, Freedom Squadron, and much more!
Please check out my Patreon and get involved directly with my next projects!