In the 90s, I had the extraordinary fortune to be invited as a guest speaker at a computer game conference (DEVELOP), hosted in London. While there, I met one of the finest people I know in this life, Miles M. Kantir, and as we discussed the many dreams and ideas we shared about gaming and roleplaying, I learned of his lifelong passion project, Suzerain. Ultimately, my own epic world – Shaintar – joined his, and the Suzerain Continuum was born.
This is Mashup Madness as high art, wherein a powerful and deeply-developed concept that links worlds brings forth heroes becoming gods in the defense of those worlds. It’s the vehicle for a multitude of settings published by Savage Mojo, all of which can readily stand alone as game worlds, yet are intricately linked in the greater story.
Suzerain is an Origins Award Nominee from the Savage Mojo design house (who brought you Shaintar and Gamescapes, and are Origins Award winners for Deadlands Reloaded). This edition of Suzerain is written for the Savage Worlds rule system (SW:EX rulebook required), expanding the core rules in a number of key ways – a new approach to races is just the beginning.
Suzerain takes characters from one world to another or even to another time. History and fantasy, past present and future – they are all your playground now. Gaming groups just became…
…a pantheon in the making.
Inside the covers you’ll find:
* All the universe background you’ll need to run games in any time, any place.
* Over 50 new edges, hindrances and powers.
* Stats for over 100 new NPCs and monsters to use as allies and adversaries.
* A vastly expanded system for characters once they hit Heroic rank, with plenty of emphasis on the Legendary experience, and introducing a whole new rank – Demigod.
* 30 scenarios including a campaign spanning the three main eras of a character’s development – Novice, Heroic and Demigod.
Where most Savage Worlds settings finish their campaigns, Suzerain is just getting started. With Suzerain a Novice character can expect to battle his way up to being a true Hero of the universe, to meet deities, and finally to become a god himself!
Sean Patrick Fannon
Writer & Game Designer: Shaintar, Star Wars, Savage Rifts, Freedom Squadron, and much more!
Please check out my Patreon and get involved directly with my next projects!