We continue our exploration of Dreams of Diesel with this post-post-apocalyptic setting which foresees a rebuilt world featuring anachronistic and futuristic tech combined alongside mutants and monsters. The conflicts of the nations that rose from the ashes is one of “blood and oil,” a hallmark of dieselpunk. The addition of horror, noir, and other elements allow for some very interesting mashup story opportunities in Akroydiesel Age.
The Akroydiesel Age is a dieselpunk setting which hearkens back to the society and style of 1930s America. With an anachronistic set of technologies futuristic and old fashioned, AdA is a world littered with loot, mutants, and monsters without forsaking sophisticated societies. This book covers the Eastern Free States (E.F.S.), the government of what was the United States’ East Coast.
It has been an eon since unified human civilization was shattered by an engineered catastrophe that nearly destroyed humanity. Civilization’s resurgence over the past century and a half stands in stark opposition to the lands still wallowing in the scars of the Lost Age. The discord sown by clashes between newly risen nation-states means the land must flow with blood and oil.
The Akroydiesel Age RPG (AdA) is a d100 dieselpunk game suitable for everything from noir mysteries to pulp adventures!
- Take the Wheel! A wide range of vehicles and vehicle options leaves players spoiling for choice.
- Test your Psyche! A robust psychological health system tantamount to the physical one in depth, healing options, and repercussions rather than “roll or +1 madness.”
- Choiceful CharGen! Select an Origin and a Background for thousands of potential combinations, every character feels even more unique thanks to the Birth Trait system!
- Your Character, Your Progression! Spend exp on the skills and traits in a classless system that lets you freely develop your ideal character build.
- Load Up! Wide choice of weapons with nine different types of gun (several of each type) and everything from grenade launchers to bows to cutlasses available.
- Talk Things Out! AdA incorporates a unique Social Combat system to offer an alternate route to conflict resolution, with meaningful mechanics in place of a single die roll.
- Shoot Things Out! High lethality combat paired with a huge arsenal wide plethora of customisation in trait selection results in many combat possibilities.
- Morph Yourself! Over 100 morphs that change your character’s body and mind, offering exciting possibilities–and risks.
Sean Patrick Fannon
Writer & Game Designer: Shaintar, Star Wars, Savage Rifts, Freedom Squadron, and much more!
Please check out my Patreon and get involved directly with my next projects!