One of my favorite subgenres of fiction and gaming is dieselpunk – shiny-yet-grimy, oil-spattering engines of technical wonder in an age of diesel, early rocketry, advanced weapons of war, and audacious engineering used for fantastic purposes. It’s nowhere near the level of popularity of the progenitor cyberpunk or the belovedly stylish steampunk, but there’s a lot of gold and diamonds to mine there. So let’s kick off Dreams of Diesel Week with one of the most prevalent elements of the form – fantastic flying machines doing battle over the skies of a very different world, full of pulp adventure and sky pirates.
Wild Skies: Europa Tempest presents an anthropomorphic Earth, one recovering from the aftermath of The Great War (a very common theme in dieselpunk) and adapting to the new technologies evolving from the mad war geniuses of that time.
The Great War never ended.
The old borders have been redrawn.
Mercenaries hunt for blood and treasure.
Dive into adventure in this complete role playing game where Europe has clawed its way out of the devastation to a place where massive flying battleships, swarms of fighter planes, and deadly brigands fill the skies. Armed with your wits, natural abilities, and as much pulp technology your outfit can afford, fight for your place among the countless adventurers scouring every corner of Europe for their next coin.
This core rule book for Wild Skies provides players:
- A complete, new, original rules system allowing all players to focus on the stories and adventures they want to part of, and which rewards accuracy, not just success.
- A robust character creation process giving players complete control in choosing from 40 Animal Types, dozens of Animal Abilities, 20 Careers and over 80 Skill Specialties.
- The Moral Compass, which integrates a character’s personal motivations with rewards of their own choosing.
- Combat rules integrating everything from dogfights to fisticuffs.
- A comprehensive description of the nations of Europe, the setting and important figures.
- 16 ready-to-play characters for those who want to just step right into the action!
Do you have what it takes to fly the Wild Skies?
Sean Patrick Fannon
Writer & Game Designer: Shaintar, Star Wars, Savage Rifts, Freedom Squadron, and much more!
Please check out my Patreon and get involved directly with my next projects!