Here’s the thing – I am not a religious person. Scott Bennie is, and he’s a living, breathing example of everything my momma taught me a Christian should be. Walks the walk, loves all, does not pass judgment, just wants a good world that is safe and loving for all. He knows his stuff, too, as this rather remarkable product attests to. As we continue to celebrate Scott Bennie Week, I wanted to point out Testament as a product that truly gives you the tools to bring the Christian Bible’s stories and legends to the table – whether you’re a believer or not, there’s a ton of amazing stuff here that can bring a whole new flavor to your fantasy or historical gaming experience.
Yeah, it’s 3.0 (not 3.5), but easily converted to 5e use.
You’ve Read The Book, Now Play The Game!
There were giants in the Earth in those days, and also after that, when the sons of God came in onto the daughters of men and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown. –The Book of Genesis
The world of the Bible comes to life in this campaign setting for 3rd Era rules. Play a wandering Babylonian magus, a sorcerer in the service of Pharaoh, a Canaanite maker of idols, or a prophet of the God of Israel. Walk the streets of ancient Jerusalem, stand beside King David as one of his Mighty Men, smite Philistines, ponder the mysteries of gargantuan tombs, look upon the dwellings of the gods, and battle demons, dragons, plagues, and the legendary beasts of Babylon. Testament gives you everything you need to immerse yourself in the Biblical Era, including:
- A dozen new core and prestige classes, including the Levite Priest, the Egyptian Khery-heb wizard, and the Desert Hermit.
- Over 30 new monsters, including Nephilim, Tempter Devils, and Zebub-Spawn.
- Over 50 new feats and over 100 new spells.
- Rules for barter, curses, piety.
- Guidelines for leading a small tribe through the hazards of the Bronze and Iron Age world.
- The Biblical Battlefield Resolution System, a new way to fight epic combats.
- Full cultural details on ancient Israel, Canaan, Egypt, and Mesopotamia, including history, beliefs, holy days, architecture, and more.
- Dozens of new magic items and artifacts.
Part history, part mythology, Testament is the 3rd Era setting that’s both instantly familiar and yet unlike any game world you have ever experienced.
Sean Patrick Fannon
Writer & Game Designer: Shaintar, Star Wars, Savage Rifts, Freedom Squadron, and much more!
Please check out my Patreon and get involved directly with my next projects!