Celebrating Heroes of the Hidden Week, we take a look at this Powered by the Apocalypse game where a heroic few protect the unknowing world from the many monstrous and supernatural threats out there. Monster of the Week is Buffy, the Winchester boys, Mulder, and Scully doing all they can to stop humanity from (a) finding out about monsters and (b) being eaten by them. Time to sign up for the hardest and most thankless job there is.
A monster lurks in the shadows…
Most people don’t believe in monsters, but you know the truth. They’re real, and it’s your task to bring them down. This revised edition of Monster of the Week brings that adventure to life.
Monster of the Week is a standalone action-horror RPG for 3-5 people. Hunt high school beasties a la Buffy the Vampire Slayer, travel the country to bring down unnatural creatures like the Winchester brothers of Supernatural, or head up the government investigation like Mulder and Scully. This book contains everything you need to tackle Bigfoot, collar a chupacabra, and drive away demons.
In this revised edition, you’ll find:
- Character creation rules to bring your hunter to life and create a cohesive hunting team.
- Eight simple moves to investigate and deal with monsters.
- An easy-to-use system based on the popular Apocalypse World RPG.
- Thorough mystery-creation tools and two ready-to-play mysteries.
- New material including an introductory mystery; example monsters like Balkan vampires, ghouls, and spore trolls; and hunter types like the Crooked and the Spell-Slinger.
Grab the fireplace poker and open your spell book. That monster’s going down!
Sean Patrick Fannon
Writer & Game Designer: Shaintar, Star Wars, Savage Rifts, Freedom Squadron, and much more!
Please check out my Patreon and get involved directly with my next projects!