It’s kind of impossible to say the work “Pulp” and not talk about Conan, making Conan: Adventures in an Age Undreamed Of the next logical choice for Pulptastic Week. Many are hailing this as one of the best iterations of both the property (Modiphius certainly seems to have the licensing game worked out like a guru) and sword-and-sorcery gaming yet, so it’s well worth your time and money to check it out!
WELCOME TO THE HYBORIAN AGE!
KNOW, O PRINCE, THAT BETWEEN THE YEARS WHEN THE OCEANS DRANK ATLANTIS AND THE GLEAMING CITIES, AND THE YEARS OF THE RISE OF THE SONS OF ARYAS, THERE WAS AN AGE UNDREAMED OF, WHEN SHINING KINGDOMS LAY SPREAD ACROSS THE WORLD LIKE BLUE MANTLES BENEATH THE STARS…
Robert E. Howard’s Conan: Adventures in an Age Undreamed Of takes you into the world of Conan the Barbarian, where heroes raise blood-spattered swords against dire sorcery, exotic lands beckon to the daring, danger and treasure lurks in forgotten ruins, and where loathsome creatures haunt the spaces beneath the earth… as well as in the throne-rooms of mighty kingdoms!
Seek your fortune in forbidden tombs or upon blood-soaked battlefields. Cast dark and terrible spells of unimaginable power, at the price of your soul. Sail upon untamed seas to lands where no human in living memory has walked. Fight for the fate of civilization — or barbarism — on a savage frontier!
- Create your own legend in this decadent and violent world.
- Complete 2d20 game system, including combat, skills, talents, sorcery, and equipment suitable for adventuring in the age before history.
- An extensive gazetteer covering the whole of Conan’s world: featuring fair Aquilonia, gloomy Cimmeria, magic-haunted Stygia, all the way to the far-off steaming jungles of Khitai.
- Extensive guidelines for running scenarios and campaigns in the Hyborian Age, allowing gamemasters to create suitably Howardian adventures.
- Fearsome foes, ranging from bandits to sorcerers, apes to giant serpents, Children of Set to frost giants, forest devils, and characters of renown such as Conan or his most deadly foe, Thoth-Amon.
- Art a team of iconic Conan artists, including Tim Truman, Simon Bisley, Esteban Sanjulian, Maroto, Mark Schultz, Tomás Giorello, and more.
- Developed in close consultation with award-winning Conan scholars, this is the most authentic depiction of Conan and his world ever published for games.
” I do love this game. It has an ability to make a cohesive group of players out of any group (herd of cats) in my opinion. The feel of this game is brilliant. The system is smooth, the book is beautiful and the subject is compelling. I like this game so much that I am even considering purchasing the Conan Official d20’s and d6’s. I use poker chips of different colours for tokens but I want everything in hard-copy and official. In my opinion this is probably the best fantasy(ish) RPG on the market today.” RPG Knights Review
“If you really want the freedom to explore Howard’s world on your own, you should pick up Modiphius’ Conan: Adventures in an Age Undreamed. It is a true labor of love, filled with quotes from Conan stories and explanations of how the mechanics are meant to embody the spirit of the Howard’s world.” Polygon Review
Sean Patrick Fannon
Writer & Game Designer: Shaintar, Star Wars, Savage Rifts, Freedom Squadron, and much more!
Please check out my Patreon and get involved directly with my next projects!