We mosey on through Go to Town Week with this Savage Worlds based settlement of the Old West. Fort Griffin Savaged mixes history and fiction to give you a place for adventuring and storytelling in any iteration of the West you prefer (weird or otherwise). Lots of extraordinary detail and great maps, making this a great home for many a campaign or a single night’s entertainment.
This Wild West setting is a completely re-visioned version of DHR’s Fort Griffin, Texas setting, designed for Savage Worlds.
The Savaged version of Fort Griffin contains all 17 fully-described establishments, 90 NPCs (historical and fictional), and more than 100 adventure hooks (with DHR’s world-famous “Forks in the Road” alternatives for many of the hooks). This whole kit and caboodle contains all new maps, Setting Rules, historical sidebars, and a passel of weird ideas.
The GM (the Dog House Gang prefers ‘Judge’) will get all of the following:
- Fort Griffin main document – 154 pages containing descriptions of the town — affectionately known as The Flat — with detailed establishments, embedded maps, personalities and plenty of adventure hooks to keep players busy for ages.
- The Flat Personality Pack – 37 pages, containing character “cards” to aid the Judge in a fast and furious game pace, whether gunfire breaks out or because a PC interaction with a prominent personality needs a quick-as-lightning Trait test resolution.
- The Flat Map Pack – A set of files with all the maps a Judge might need, including tiled versions for printing a tabletop map (with or without a grid) as well as VTT versions for folks who prefer one of those newfangled electronic tabletop contraptions.
Every establishment comes with a thorough description of its history, current proprietor and other notables, as well as maps and room-by-room details. The personalities that make each place come alive are furnished with statistics for Savage Worlds. And a number of important characters have original illustrations to boot. Even if a Judge prefers not to use the stats, or decides to cherry-pick favorite elements for addition to an existing milieu, there’s plenty of content packed in those pages to make Fort Griffin Savaged suitable — and downright useful, we hope — for any Wild West game.
Fort Griffin Savaged comes with the following establishments designed for a hootin’-hollerin’ time in an Old West burg. A word to the wise, pard, things ain’t always what they seem . . . .
Saloons, Lodging and Entertainment
- Shannsey’s Saloon
- Beehive Saloon
- Doney’s Saloon
- Frontier House
- Planters Hotel
Goods and Supplies
- York and Meyers Outfitters
- Post Office and Drug Store
- Louis Woolform’s Bakery
- Pete Haverty’s Livery
- Chen’s Laundry
- Earl’s Shave and Bathe
- Clampitt Wagon Yard
- African Methodist Episcopal Church
- Doc Culver’s
- F.B. York’s Bank
- Thorp Blacksmith
- Fort Griffin Jail (Picket Jail)
Last but not least, Fort Griffin Savaged contains a final chapter with personalities and adventure hooks, titled Just Passing Through and Tying It All Together. We reckon the chapter title is sufficiently self-explanatory.
Sean Patrick Fannon
Writer & Game Designer: Shaintar, Star Wars, Savage Rifts, Freedom Squadron, and much more!
Please check out my Patreon and get involved directly with my next projects!