My friend Lana Smith (AKA Alana Smith-Brown) was asking about fairy-tale oriented games, and thus was launched a Pick of the Day theme week! Kicking off Tales of the Fairies Week is this foundational entry from Green Ronin Games. Faery’s Tale Deluxe takes the alternate spelling popular among gamers and runs off into full-bore “play all the faeries” territory with a complete game system customized for the experience. This is a full-on update and expansion of the highly-nominated original.
Welcome to Brightwood!
Play a pixie, brownie, sprite, or pooka in an enchanting storytelling game of imagination and wonder. Suitable for ages 6 and up, Faery’s Tale is a perfect introduction to adventure games for children and adults alike. It includes:
- Information on faeries, faery lore, and the fairy-tale realm of Brightwood!
- Easy rules for creating and playing your own faeries!
- Seven titles to which faeries can aspire, from knight to faery princess!
- 35 fairy-tale creatures, from bumblebees to dragons!
- Three ready-to-play adventures!
- Over 15 sidebars with tips on playing with kids!
The original edition of Faery’s Tale was nominated for an Origins Award and three ENnie Awards. This new deluxe edition include the entirety of the original game, plus 32 pages of new material.
The realm of Brightwood awaits!
Sean Patrick Fannon
Writer & Game Designer: Shaintar, Star Wars, Savage Rifts, much more
Please check out my Patreon and get involved directly with my next projects!