Kobold Press is another company doing lots of cool stuff for the 5th Edition era, making them a solid choice for today’s Adventures in D&D Week Pick. My focus is on the rather brilliant product idea of having a set of one-shot and mini-adventures ready for when your group of heroes wander off your carefully laid-out path. Alternately, these can be great instigators to new campaign directions, or a really solid way to insert the Plot Point Campaign structure Pinnacle developed to your 5e gaming experience. Prepared 2 is the solid follow up to the very successful Prepared! from 2016.
So, your players went off on a tangent again?
A Dozen 5th Edition One-Shot Adventures for Levels 1 to 11
Never fear—Prepared 2 offers you 12 quick solutions to keep the game moving and players entertained, while you figure out your next move. Here are short, one-shot adventures in full color for every environment, including:
- A goblin machine of war rampaging through the city
- Breaches in the ice opening the door to madness from the stars
- A blight of oozes across the land and a mysterious crypt at its center
- A long-forgotten boring machine and its crazed automaton pilots
- A walker, one of the leviathans of the wasteland, is being steered by the darakhul to intercept a city
- A sinister cult comes a calling during a ship cruise
- A play in the feylands goes terribly wrong
- A dragon’s lair by the sea
- …and much more, lavishly illustrated with maps by Meshon Cantrill
With Prepared 2, designer Jon Sawatsky has created fantastic and highly playable 5th Edition fantasy scenarios ready to use in any fantasy campaign setting, at a variety of PC levels. Never be caught without a plot again!
NOTE: The Prepared 2 PDF includes separate player maps without numbers or labels.
These adventures feature monsters from the core 5th Edition MM and from the Tome of Beasts.
Sean Patrick Fannon
Writer & Game Designer: Shaintar, Star Wars, Savage Rifts, much more
Please check out my Patreon and get involved directly with my next projects!