I’m closing out Heroes Will Rise Week with something I’ve not talked about for a while. Shaintar is the fantasy world I started building many, many years ago (beginning in 1977) as a place for heroes. I didn’t like the idea of things being “open-ended,” where you could play mercenaries, murder hobos, and outright bad guys as readily as you could play good guys. I get that games should be about whatever folks want to be, overall, but I wanted to craft a place where being heroes – determined, capable, and ultimately legendary heroes – was the entire point.
It took a very long time to finally pull everything together, and discovering the Savage Worlds was the final piece to lock it down. A system designed to recreate the pulp/cinema action style I craved for the world.
Life transpired in a way that it became important for me to pass the torch and let others carry on the legacy of Shaintar (“It’s like Die Hard meets Lord of the Rings“), and it’s now in the hands of Savage Mojo and guided by the passionate talents of Darren Pearce and others. This book, however, remains one of the things I will always be most proud of – a gateway into an expansive world where the choice to be a hero is meaningful and fulfilling; where the concepts of good and evil, Light and Darkness, Life and Flame are tangible and impactful; and where the words “legendary” and “epic” are truly understood.
This is the full book, complete with all Player and Game Master information for Novice to Veteran play!
Sean Patrick Fannon’s vision of Epic High Fantasy comes to life for Savage Worlds in this all new iteration brought to you by Evil Beagle Games.
“The heart of any lasting and memorable roleplaying campaign is the setting. Is it vivid? Alluring? Full of mysteries, as well as straight-ahead challenges?
If the answer is “Yes” to all of these, you are in good hands.
SHAINTAR is deep in “good hands” territory.
Just paging through the Players Guide makes you want to play, and it’s genuinely hard to create a boring character using this book; everything works together to make your Hero interesting. And that’s even before you get to the four detailed Major Enemies lurking in Shaintar. Or the rules for alchemy, or the tantalizing glimpses we get of the Black Lantern and Grayson’s Grey Rangers . . .
A winner. Get this book.” — Ed Greenwood, creator of The Forgotten Realms®
Savage Worlds fans will find a lot to love about Shaintar: Legends Arise:
- Eleven distinctive Races with many specialized Racial Edges for each.
- Over 60 new Edges, including Professional, Combat, and Power Edges.
- Expanded options for magic, including Applications for Sorcery, Extended Casting, and more.
- New and expanded rules for Alchemists and Artificers, as well as personalized magic items.
- Setting rules like All Out Move, the Deep Magic, and Lead from the Front.
- Information about the many nations and factions that drive the stories of Shaintar.
- A complete Timeline featuring thousands of years of Shaintar’s history.
- A Denizens section with many dozens of characters and monsters, as well as five new Monstrous Templates and templates for changing almost any Denizen to any of the eleven Races.
- An expanded Weapons, Armor, and Gear list for epic fantasy gaming, as well as a Resource system to replace “counting coins” for wealth management.
- Extensive advice about Game Mastering an Epic High Fantasy setting.
- Three Legendary Tales, “Countering the Terror,” “Red Store Rising,” and “Return to Honor, Return to Glory.”
Anyone seeking Epic High Fantasy adventure will enjoy this book, as will anyone wishing to add lots of great new material to their Savage games!
Sean Patrick Fannon
Writer & Game Designer: Shaintar, Star Wars, Savage Rifts, much more
Please check out my Patreon and get involved directly with my next projects!