As It’s a Kind of Magic Week rolls on, today’s Pick is from the Dungeon Masters Guild, where creative gamers can share their ideas for D&D. This is a particularly popular collection of spells focused on the makers, the task-focused, and arcane “scientists” of your 5e fantasy setting.
101 new spells appear in Archetypal Spell Compendium: Artificers & Arcanists, a massive collection of new options for spellcasters including three FOUR new subclasses for artificers, new archetypes for wizards, sorcerers, and clerics, 20 new spells for artificers, 30 or more (sometimes much more!) spells for each major spellcasting class, over a dozen spells each for the paladin and ranger, and more for 5th Edition D&D games set in the Forgotten Realms, Ravenloft, and beyond. These options include not just rules, but detailed descriptions and setting material to help you or your players role-play these new options to the hilt. Click the preview to see the whole table of contents, including lists of all spells.
Now available for $10– a value of 10 cents per spell, +1 free spell! When more content is added, the price may go up for later purchasers, but early buyers receive all new content for free.
- New Class Archetypes include:
- NEWLY ADDED: The Clockwork Engineer (an Artificer Specialist Archetype). This steampunk artificer uses clockwork devices secreted on his person to perform unexpected attacks and imitate life with inanimate objects.
- THREE New Artificer Specialists: The arcane sleuth creates the tools that help solve impossible mysteries; eradicators infuse magical symbols with the power to destroy the hated monsters who are their sworn enemies; the prodigy chooses to perfect and enchant his own person rather than relying on any one item.
- New Cleric Divine Domain: Defier. Disbelieving heretics who are no longer true clerics, drawing their power from elsewhere and disavowing the worship of any deity;
- New Sorcerous Origin: Shugenja. Called by divine forces and trained in some of the ki powers of monks, these masters of the elements tap into holy forces and balance spiritual forces through their own bodies;
- New Wizard Arcane Tradition: Guild Wizardry. Members of an arcane order who share resources in pursuit of magical power, these wizards can borrow spells from distant wizards and excel at out-casting other arcanists;
- 101 new spells include all the spells from the author’s previous products, plus just as many brand new ones. Carry your own hideout anywhere you go with pocket cave; punish any who dare to harm your allies with ray of reprisal; accomplish any task quickly and efficiently with a servant army; burn away flesh and memory alike with lesser chainfire; visiting the fury of hell itself on anyone in your path with Glasya’s stride; and many, many, many more unique and powerful spells.
If you enjoy this product, please check out other DM’s Guild titles by the same author.
If you think this product could be improved, please Review or at least leave a comment– all input is read and considered, and could show up in a newer version of the product!
Also, enjoy the perfect companion piece to this sourcebook, Forgotten Realms Archetypes II: Champions of Mystery, which features mysterious new factions, wielders of the raw power of legendary spellfire, sorcerous paladins, telepathic spies, rabble-rousing bards, masters of secretive dueling techniques, and more.
Sean Patrick Fannon
Writer & Game Designer: Shaintar, Star Wars, Savage Rifts, much more
Please check out my Patreon and get involved directly with my next projects!