The world of Jim Butcher‘s Harry Dresden continues to draw gamers in. Really, this is no surprise, considering the man is a long-time gamer himself, and fans of his work who are also roleplayers sense the connection. The world Harry navigates (and barely survives) is a compelling realm of modern fantasy and very much a place for heroes and other interesting folks to gather and try to stem the tide of chaos and evil that might otherwise shatter the veil between everyday life and the worst parts of magic and monsters. There’s been a full-on FATE-driven iteration for a while; now Evil Hat wants to open the world up to even more folks with the much-lauded Accelerated version of the rules (featuring the work of my friend, Leonard Balsera among other great folks).
Welcome to Day Two of It’s a Kind of Magic Week!
PARKOUR! Leap right into the Dresdenverse!
Welcome to Dresden Files Accelerated, a pared-down, pick up and play RPG set in the world of Jim Butcher’s NYT bestselling Dresden Files series. Take a jaunt through the Nevernever, stand up to the Black Court, and sit down for a pint at Mac’s. This book contains all you need to make it happen.
In this book, Ivy—a.k.a. the Archive—will walk you through everything you need to know to get your game running, including:
- An introduction to the major supernatural players in the Dresdenverse and the places you might meet them.
- A new mantle system that speeds up character creation and gets you into the game fast.
- Faction-based campaign creation that creates immediate drama and action for your group.
- A scale system to support interacting with and playing at various power levels.
- Easy-to-learn Fate Accelerated style gameplay, with a few clever Dresdenverse tweaks.
Dresden Files Accelerated.
Fun. Fast. FUEGO!
Sean Patrick Fannon
Writer & Game Designer: Shaintar, Star Wars, Savage Rifts, much more
Please check out my Patreon and get involved directly with my next projects!