Cubicle 7 continues their most excellent efforts in bringing Middle-earth to the D&D 5e fan base. The Player’s Guide has been out for a while now, and people are loving it, and now a more complete set of tools for the DM (called Loremaster here) are in hand. Hopefully, we’ll see a manual of monsters and creatures in the near future, especially since I am supposed to be running this soon for folks at the local game store.
Then again, D&D orcs were entirely based on Tolkien’s orcs, so… wow, entering mental recursive loop now…
In Adventures in Middle-earth™ the greatest fantasy setting of all time comes to the world’s favourite roleplaying game rules! Take your gaming group to Middle-earth with this thematic and atmospheric, OGL-compatible setting guide.
“It’s a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don’t keep your feet, there’s no knowing where you might be swept off to.”
The world’s greatest fantasy setting comes to the world’s most popular roleplaying game rules!
This Loremaster’s Guide presents inspiration, guidance and additional new rules to help you create and run encounters, adventures and campaigns in the world of The Hobbit™ and The Lord of the Rings™, using the OGL ruleset.
The quest that began in the Player’s Guide continues in this lavishly illustrated, hardcover Adventures in Middle-earth Loremaster’s Guide. Packed with information, this volume is an invaluable resource for your games.
Adventures in Middle-earth Loremaster’s Guide contains:
• Extensive setting information for Wilderland
• A comprehensive guide to Lake-town
• Advice for before the game begins on theme and building your character group
• Notes on the Adventuring phase, inspiration, rests and more!
• Expanded journey rules, including guidance on narrating Middle-earth journeys
• Information to help you create your own journey tables
• A guide to creating and playing NPCs, and a gallery of NPCs for your games
• A Wilderland bestiary of adversaries
• New rules for customising monsters and using scenery in battle
• Notes on treasure in Middle-earth, magic items and weapons
• A guide to offering expanded magic options
• Advice on running the Fellowship phase, patrons, sanctuaries and undertakings
Best used with the Adventures in Middle-earth Player’s Guide, and the latest edition of the world’s favourite roleplaying game.
Sean Patrick Fannon
Writer & Game Designer: Shaintar, Star Wars, Savage Rifts, much more
Please check out my Patreon and get involved directly with my next projects!