There’s a lot of folks making stuff for 5e these days. The Dungeon Master’s Guild opened up the floodgates of creativity for pros and fans alike, and this is a good thing. Still, folks tend to want to grab the best versions of things when they can. Today, let me help you with that – looking for an Alchemist class for your D&D Next game? Let’s look at what some folks have said about Rich Howard‘s version:
- “Brilliant and with tremendous [roleplaying] potential.”
- “Rich Howard knocks it out of the park with this one.”
- “If you are only going to use the PHB and one supplement, use this one!”
- “Rich Howard has created a new class deserving of the title.”
- “… the content is simply amazing…not only makes alchemists both a playable class and a whole lot of fun, but also provides 7 different traditions…”
- “…does an especially great job of littering the text with helpful tips and suggestions to customize the various aspects of being an Alchemist to create a richer character, story, and gaming experience.”
- “Grab this supplement as soon as you can, and get it onto your table.”
The Science of Magic!
The ALCHEMIST Class offers a new full class to your players that crosses the boundaries between science and magic. In addition to the new core class, this supplement provides 7 alchemical traditions that emulate archetypes from Dr. Jekyll to Dr. Frankenstein.
This product provides players with a new 20 level Intelligence-based caster class that allows players to share alchemical effects with their allies, 6 traditions updated with playtest material and feedback from the readers at Tribality.com, and a new tradition not seen anywhere else.
Inside you’ll find:
- Artificer: Create technological devices and master a range of alchemical formulas.
- Irezumi: Infuse ink with alchemical and mystical qualities to skin-stain your allies, or mark them with long-lasting power.
- Metamorph: Mutate yourself into a beast of terrifying power.
- Poisoner: Create and manipulate unique toxins.
- Pyromancer: Twist magical effects into weapons that terrify or amaze.
- Re-Animator: Circumvent the whims of the gods and bend the dead to your will.
- Herbwarden: Draw power from plants and herbs, and call the natural world to your aid.
These materials were designed for use with 5th edition rules and can be played directly in your 5th edition campaign.