Since I am buried in Savage Rifts KS stuff, I’m going to crib Scott Holden’s message from the DriveThruRPG Newsletter to let you know more about this extremely exciting idea. I mean, “user created content” getting an upgrade for tabletop? Hell, yes!
Big news at DriveThru this week as we share the launch of our newly expanded Community Content Creator Program.
If you’re familiar with the DMs Guild site we launched with Wizards of the Coast earlier this year, then you already understand the concept: Publishers of popular game systems are partnering with DriveThruRPG to let you, their fans and customers, publish material for their properties.
Starting today, three new game systems are available via our Community Creator Program:
- Cortex Plus (Margaret Weiss Games)
- Cypher System (Monte Cook Games)
- Traveller’s Aid Society (Mongoose Publishing)
Please check them out and let us know what you think. And don’t worry: More of your favorite IPs and game systems will be added soon! – SJH
And from the page itself –
Community Content Programs
Bringing Community, Creators, and Content together
DriveThruRPG.com works with game publishers on two types of programs which allow you to create your own content for your favorite games
- Roleplaying fans can make their own RPG content for D&D and other top roleplaying games through community content programs that allow you to create your own RPG supplements, upload them to DriveThruRPG.com, and offer them to other fans.
- Card games, board games, and roleplaying game card aids can all utilize our community card creators which allow you to easily create your own custom playing cards that match the official cards for a game. Cards you design can be printed and mailed to you through our high-quality print-on-demand card production. Shuffle in an over-powered joke card, an engagement ring card, or try out your serious game design chops with game expansion cards that you share with the game community.
When you see a title listed on DriveThruRPG.com as Community Content or noted by this icon, then you know it’s produced by the game’s community.
Our roleplaying game community content programs began when we launched DMsGuild.com in association with Wizards of the Coast to allow D&D fans to create their own fifth edition titles and offer them for sale to other D&D fans. Then we launched programs with Margaret Weis Productions, Monte Cook Games, and Mongoose Publishing. We’ll be adding programs for more games soon.
Learn how to publish your own creations in Roleplaying Community Content Programs or click a logo below to see the community resources and titles.