And here is some love for the Dungeon World/Apocalypse World Engine fans here at year’s end. A chart-climber, and for good reason, as Perilous Deeps not only provides some perfect examples of how to craft a delve for AWE gaming, but it’s also a spot-on “Let’s game tonight, right now!” rescue package.
How do you write a dungeon for Dungeon World? In this 72-page, fully-illustrated collection you will find six different approaches, inspired in part by the dungeon creation guidelines in The Perilous Wilds.
These “deeps” include:
- A citadel of glass, shimmering above the dunes in “Uncertain Reflections,” by Joe Banner
- The burial place of a great elven hero in “Brightrock Barrow,” by Jeremy Strandberg
- The earthly fane of unearthly parasites, in “Those Who Make Vows,” by Johnstone Metzger
- The folly of a prideful Cyclopean sorcerer, in “The Pit of Vanzwink,” by Jason Lutes
- A house of many doors that open into worlds beyond, in “Eesha’s Gulf,” by Dungeon World co-author Adam Koebel
- A subterranean pyramid, riddled with unspeakable horrors in “Raising Hell Under the Holy Mountain,” by Claytonian