This one is specifically for those running Monte Cook Games’ The Strange, as it provides quick, jump-in material for getting a night’s game on. Note that this also makes it a great gift idea for your favorite GM.
What’s the hardest part of running a roleplaying game? It has to be the preparation. You can’t just spontaneously say, “Let’s play a roleplaying game” unless someone’s already spent hours preparing an adventure for the group. But what if running a great game didn’t require any more effort for the game master than it does for the players? What if you could get up and running in—literally—just five minutes?
Strange Revelations makes prepping for an RPG no more difficult or time consuming than setting up a board game, while showcasing the wonder and weirdness of the many recursions lying in the Shoals of Earth. This is a must-have for beginning and veteran GMs of The Strange.
These aren’t adventure seeds—they’re complete adventures in an innovative format that requires minimal prep. Run them as one-shots or drop them into your ongoing campaign when you don’t have time to prep your own adventures. You can even run them together as a campaign for months of effortless play!
Strange Revelations includes:
- Ten adventures on Earth and across numerous recursions, complete with maps, NPCs, and all the details you expect.
- An innovative format for adventures: five minutes of prep gets you started, with no need to read pages and pages of text in advance.
- An escape from a post-apocalyptic cannibal wasteland, a horror-themed board game that exerts bizarre powers over its players, a medieval wardrobe that opens into a hellish realm, and much, much more.
- Great advice on running adventures with little or no prep.
- Beautiful, full-color Show ’Em illustrations to reveal to players during the adventures.
- Six pregenerated characters that get you playing in minutes.
- A handy rules cheat sheet to make things run even more smoothly.