Though I tried, the vacation/convention visit to Northern California ultimately defeated my attempts to keep the Picks of the Day going. So here, once again, are a bunch of Picks to cover this week up through today.
Arcknight is yet another very talented company when it comes to game table maps for folks who use miniatures in their gaming. Here’s a collection of all the maps they Kickstarted and otherwise created for 2014.
The 2014 Digital Atlas includes every map we’ve made to date, and will be periodically updated to include additional bonus maps, new transitions, texture maps, and other goodies. Anything created for our first kickstarter project, and all related maps; including the expanded retail map packs will be included in this Digital Atlas. Each map was originally designed for high quality print on 11×17 paper, with a hybrid style. Our maps are tilable and versatile with the strengths of a tile system, while maintaining the incredible quality and depth of a larger drawn piece. Maps are rotatable, exchangable, and reversible with common points of intersection so they can be combined to create almost any landscape you’ll need.
Next, the long-awaited, much-anticipated Bite Me! The Gaming Guide to Lycanthropes!
Within Bite Me! The Gaming Guide to Lycanthropes you will find:
- Numerous Alternate Racial Traits, Wereblooded and Minor Wereblooded Clan Racial Traits, and Favored Class Options that address how adaptable such creatures are.
- Lycanthrope Racial Bloodlines to add new flavor to the Sorcerer class.
- The Wereblooded, Monstrous Wereblooded, and Skindancer race options.
- Nearly two dozen New Archetypes to help shake up existing classes with a bit of lycanthropic flavor.
- A selection of New Equipment and Weapons designed for or of interest to lycanthropes.
- Over two dozen New Feats, including those belonging to the new Lycanthrope Feat Category.
- An arsenal of New Magic Items related in some fashion to shapechangers (and, in some cases, to those who would hunt them.)
- A bevy of New Magic Spells, along with a number of New Hexes and New Rituals, to add a touch of magic into the mix.
- A range of Sample Characters to highlight various new game mechanics and racial options.
- A short story to help set the lycanthropic mood.
Here’s the latest adventure for GRAmel’s Beasts and Barbarians Savage Worlds setting –
Welcome to The Sword of Izim, a Heroic Tale for the Beasts & Barbarians Savage Worlds setting.
Somewhere in the Zandorian wastelands, there is a lonesome peak, like a giant sentinel watching over a dying Empire. Stories say that in the past this place was held by an order
of warriors, guarding something both very powerful and very dangerous.
Today Izim’s Peak, as it is called, has been deserted for centuries, and on its top there are only windswept ruins. But who can tell what secrets are hidden there?
Wild rides, ruthless bandits, comely girls and much more await you among the pages of The Sword of Izim! What are you waiting for? Grab your sword, gird your loins and jump into adventure!
Finally, Kobold Press gives you a treasure trove of D&D 5e material to expand your characters and game with.
— New Options for 5th Edition Heroes —
Deep voices of the giants chant in the hills and forests. Red-cloaked cultists gather to perform their unholy rites, and howling tribes of dust goblins ride out of the Western Wastes to sack villages and towns.
But you do not fear these things. You are a hero of Midgard—and by your skill, strength, luck, or the favor of the gods, you will become a legend. Midgard Heroes gives you everything you need to play in a 5th edition campaign set in the Midgard Campaign Setting.
Midgard Heroes for 5th Edition includes:
- Rules for playing new PC races: centaurs, dragonkin, gearforged, kobolds, ravenfolk, shadow fey, trollkin, and more!
- 7 new backgrounds: Corsair, Darkling, Fey-Touched, Nomad, Raider, and more!
Only magic and the warmth of hope keeps lights aglow when dread things prowl and the priestly wardings shake, bent by hideous demonic rage. In this dark time, new heroes must arise to claim the crowns of Midgard and restore the jewels to her scattered thrones. New heroes must lead a return to glory.