It does seem to be a great time to explore lots of new worlds with endless possibilities and infinite threats. The Strange is a Cypher-driven game that takes players all over time and space and potential realities, which is both fantastic and potentially maddening for any GM who doesn’t have all the time in the world to develop the myriad of multi-existences to explore.
Here’s your life raft.
Witch covens battle in the mammoth city of Halloween. Nazis struggle to master mythological relics in the Eleventh Reich. T. rexes hunt hominids on the tropical island of Mesozoica, while skyships fend off pirates and predators in the tempestuous cloud seas of Seishin Shore.
In The Strange, recursions—limited pocket dimensions with their own laws of reality—are seeded from human fiction and mythology. A recursor might discover Atlantis, Oz, the Victorian London of Sherlock Holmes, or places even more bizarre and perilous. Worlds Numberless and Strange takes you to dozens of new recursions, where supervillains, dinosaurs, space troopers, killer robots, gods, and other dangers guard wonders and treasures few people on Earth have ever seen!
Worlds Numberless and Strange includes:
- Nearly 70 new recursions
- Expanded information on locations, plots, and NPCs of Ardeyn and Ruk
- Plenty of new artifacts, adventure hooks, and other intriguing details
- The Implausible Geographical Society, a new secret organization of explorers
- New creatures for game masters
- New character options for players, including foci like Inks Spells on Skin and Quells Undead
- Tips on incorporating your favorite fiction and game worlds into The Strange