Another choice from the ENnie Awards Nominees, this one being one of the choices for Product of the Year. Evil Hat and Shannon Appelcline did a fantastic job of encapsulating the history and journey of our unique and intriguing hobby, with a focus on the people who made it happen.
PART ONE OF A FOUR-VOLUME SET!
EVERYTHING YOU’VE WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT THE ORIGINS OF ROLEPLAYING GAMES…
Designers & Dragons: The ’70s is a comprehensive picture of the beginnings of the RPG industry. This second edition expands the original single book into a series of four, and we’ve added over 50,000 new words to this volume alone. Learn about the colorful history of TSR and the wave of D&D inspired games (and gaming companies) to follow, and dip your toes into wargaming trivia. Regardless of your gaming background, Shannon Appelcline’s meticulously researched history won’t disappoint.
In this volume, you’ll find:
- A foreword by Greg Stafford, creator of Glorantha and author of King Arthur Pendragon
- Profiles for thirteen 1970s gaming companies including TSR, GDW, and Chaosium
- The inside scoop behind games like D&D, Traveller, and The Fantasy Trip
- Ten things you might not know about roleplaying in the ’70s
- An extensive bibliography and index