Seriously, how can I not Pick this one?!? I didn’t post this yesterday because, while it is a “joke” product in some ways, Katanas & Trenchcoats, Episode 1: Welcome to Darkest Vancouver also a legitimate and very cool game. It’s catching like wildfire for a reason. There’s a rule about how, after rolling all 0’s, everything just explodes while you walk away slowly.
Live the Dream of ’90s Roleplaying!
Do you yearn to portray the passionate and harrowing drama of awesome Immortals in a secret supernatural world? Does your heart sing the ancient aphotic melody of ’90s storytelling? Does endless fire burn within you to make an everlasting mark on this Darkest Cosmos? If you meet another Immortal in on a windswept street, do you fight with swords as your way of saying hello?
That’s because you’re a badass, and this book wants to be your best friend and squire. Katanas & Trenchcoats is your personal Egyptian Scots-Spaniard on this deep narrative journey. It presents for you—just you because you’re special—a totally unique system that isn’t at all ripping off countless other roleplaying games.
So gaze into this abyss, and let it gaze lovingly back. It wants to be a vessel for your truth. Open your heart and live the Immortal dream of the ’90s now!
What’s in this Action?
- A custom system that uses d10s. Mind: blown!
- Rules for creating not just Immortals, but also Vampires, Werebeasts, Technomages, Ghosts, and the Fey-Touched!
- An exciting setting: the supernatural capital of Darkest Vancouver, with callouts to other parts of the Darkest Cosmos.
- Crave rules for sex and soundtracks? Sink your teeth right in!
- Want your LARP fix? You’re welcome!
- Why yes, there is a character sheet!
- AND MUCH, MUCH MORE!