“I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.” – Michelangelo
They open with this quote, and I felt compelled to do the same. Monster Menagerie: The Construct Companion is another gem from Owen K.C. Stephens’ house, Rogue Genius. Crafted by the “The Four Horsemen,”including RPG Superstar winner Steve Helt, it’s a book all about constructs in your Pathfinder game. Scarily enough (sorry GMs), this includes playing a construct.
In this book you will find:
- New constructs to use as both antagonists and resources including animated objects, colossi, golems, and constructs.
- Rules for customizing existing constructs, and for creating them from the ground up, including new animated object abilities and complex modifications, rules for reanimated objects, animated traps, animated vehicles, templates for creating construct and golem versions of other monsters, and optional rules for expanding the animate objects spell.
- New paths for building characters including class archetypes, prestige classes, construct animal companions and familiars, new feats, new magic items, and two playable construct races.
- Mythic tier options including templates that bring sentience and power, on a more cosmic scale, to standard golems using themes such as artifice, death, love, madness, space, and time.
- Four new encounters featuring several of the unique creatures presented in the Bestiary chapter, complete with stats and treasure.