We’re on a bit of a roll here at Evil Beagle Games, with a brand new Guidebook out just a week after Magic & Cosmology. This one’s a fully-realized urban setting for fantasy fans, set in the epic high fantasy realm of Shaintar.
A backer-created “kingdom,” Eastport is the creative contribution of David Vibbert, who rather brilliantly conceived a kind of high-fantasy version of New Orleans. Sean had an immense amount of fun expanding this concept into the complete city-state product you now have here, which includes:
- A complex tapestry of culture and society within a city run by trade and corruption.
- A concise, yet rich history of Five Families and their dramatic influence on the past, present, and future of this vital seaport.
- Numerous factions, and all the story arcs that might evolve from their interactions.
- A complete Denizens section, featuring write ups of key figures and the unique kinds of threats one might face in the city streets, or perhaps out on the seas.
- A useful sidebar on the matter of formalized duels within an urban setting.
- A brief description of Illiana’s Point, a lighthouse-based village created by fellow backer Anders A. Olsen.
Eastport will be useful to anyone running fantasy games where a seedy, complex river-and-sea port comes into play.