There’s no denying alt-history with a steamy feel is very much still in vogue, and Cubicle 7’s Victoriana is still considered one of the best treatments of the theme in gaming. The Concert in Flames is both a complete guide to Europe for the setting, as well as a five-part adventure that takes characters through the whole of the region.
This 160-page book contains:
- A gazetteer of Victoriana Europe, detailing the government, society and key locations of each kingdom and empire, and providing plot hooks aplenty.
- Guidance for creating European characters.
- Notes on the pantheons of Europe, from the Nordic Norns to the Slavic Archon Chernobog.
- New spells and equipment, from the firearms of the German confederacy to the crystal blades of Andorra.
- New monsters and creatures, such as the Ciarpans that live beneath Venice or the Russian Wyverns that dwell in the Ural Mountains.
- Four new sapients to play, from Giants to Harpies.
- A multi-part adventure set across the length and breadth of Europe.