The entire series of Warning Label‘s Cast of Cards series represents a handy resource for Savage Worlds GMs, especially those who “grab-and-go” types who are pulling games together at the last minute on a frequent basis.
If you are a SW fan, it’s virtually impossible for you to have not heard of one of the most famous settings/plot point campaigns of the system. It’s a steal during this sale, and well worth a look at how a Savage Setting works, especially if you want that perfect mix of pulp action, swashbuckling piracy, and horror.
I completely screwed up this morning, as the notes in the thing will tell you. I recorded one version, but something happened off camera that totally threw me. I started over, but completely forgot to reset the recording when doing so. As such, the re-do ended up tacked onto the original. The embedded version here starts around where the re-start happens.
* Shaintar Books/KS Updates
– Final art and layout for Guidebook: Goblinesh is coming along.
– Cover for Edge of Honor novella should be finalized today or tomorrow.
– We’ve got Dave Newton, Shawn Gore, Betty Law Morgan, and Ray Greer working on books now.
– I’ve just about finished Volume I of Magic and Cosmology.
– The contracts are all out and done for Raven’s Feathers, the user-generated content product we’re working on. Headed up by Howard Brandon. If this works, it will become a periodical.
* Other Shaintar News
– Thanks to Brett Smith for running Shaintar at GrandCon this weekend. I love that more and more of you are doing this.
– Here’s our Con Prize Support approach; get me names and email addresses for your MVP of each table, and I will hook them up with a free PDF of something. It’s that simple.
– Gen Con 2015: Consider this an early call for everyone who can make it and is willing to run a Shaintar session (or more). We are examining our program, but you can believe it’s going to be huge, and we want to make sure all the games are integrated into a large story arc that will be one of the biggest and most interesting events of its kind.
* Happy Birthday, Shane Hensley!
* Table Tips
– Reasons to Say Yes
– Round the Table (even out of combat)
* Other Geeky Revelations
– Black and Read
– The New Firefly board game
– Latest Ascension product
– Lords of Waterdeep
– Upcoming Champions 4th Game with Lee Langston
– Carinn is talking about running an all-ladies campaign, which they are planning to vidcast.
Sean Patrick Fannon, creator of Shaintar, RPG industry veteran, and Chief Everything of Evil Beagle Games, expounds regularly about stuff he is into and stuff he feels like sharing… which could be pretty much anything.
Many of you know I moved to Colorado in order to have a better chance at health care. This turned out very well for me (so far), but many of my colleagues worldwide – folks who work very hard to bring you all the awesome creative product you love and use – have little or no support for major health crises. For that many, in any kind of catastrophic circumstance, such as a natural disaster or even a computer system completely failing at the worst possible moment, can mean the end of a career and the termination of any future creations from that person.
The RPG Creators Relief Fund is set up to help these folks, and now you can easily donate a buck or five while shopping on DriveThruRPG or any of the related sites. This is a noble and good thing that we have needed for a long time, so please consider supporting it.
We don’t make that much money. We do make a lot of dreams.
PS – Normally, I use an affiliate code when I post these things, which means I do earn a bit from each sale. In this case, I want to be clear that I am not using my affiliate code; I want every cent possible going into this fund to help those in need. Thank you.
First run at this year’s Gen Con, this 13-page adventure (plus six double-sided pre-generated characters) is a perfect package to launch your Numenera Campaign with, or to drop into an ongoing exploration of the Ninth World.
Since the good folks at DriveThruRPG decided to make Shaintar a feature this weekend, naturally I’m inclined to point out the rather incredible deals in the “Up Front Feature” portion of the Savage September promotion. Everything on this page is 60% off for the weekend.
My buddy, Tom, puts out some of the coolest toys! If you’ve ever wanted to have really great 3D terrain your players’ miniatures can crawl all over on the game table, look no further than the easy-to-make EZ TERRAIN stuff, like this Cliffs and Mountains set.
As well, back at Conclave of Gamers (right after we moved to Denver in July), Shawn Gore and I both sat down with the Rocky MountainGeek Tank guys and chatted about Shaintar in the local community and beyond.
The folks at DramaScape have gotten really clever at coming up with a map for just about everything! Here’s a great new example – the Canal Side map. As always, you’ve got it at battle scale, with hexes, grids, and the option for no markings, as well as a Virtual Tabletop iteration, all part of the very affordable package.