Welcome to the Big Irish Vlog of 09/23/14
I completely screwed up this morning, as the notes in the thing will tell you. I recorded one version, but something happened off camera that totally threw me. I started over, but completely forgot to reset the recording when doing so. As such, the re-do ended up tacked onto the original. The embedded version here starts around where the re-start happens.
* Shaintar Books/KS Updates
– Final art and layout for Guidebook: Goblinesh is coming along.
– Cover for Edge of Honor novella should be finalized today or tomorrow.
– We’ve got Dave Newton, Shawn Gore, Betty Law Morgan, and Ray Greer working on books now.
– I’ve just about finished Volume I of Magic and Cosmology.
– The contracts are all out and done for Raven’s Feathers, the user-generated content product we’re working on. Headed up by Howard Brandon. If this works, it will become a periodical.
* Other Shaintar News
– Thanks to Brett Smith for running Shaintar at GrandCon this weekend. I love that more and more of you are doing this.
– Here’s our Con Prize Support approach; get me names and email addresses for your MVP of each table, and I will hook them up with a free PDF of something. It’s that simple.
– Gen Con 2015: Consider this an early call for everyone who can make it and is willing to run a Shaintar session (or more). We are examining our program, but you can believe it’s going to be huge, and we want to make sure all the games are integrated into a large story arc that will be one of the biggest and most interesting events of its kind.
* Happy Birthday, Shane Hensley!
* Table Tips
– Reasons to Say Yes
– Round the Table (even out of combat)
* Other Geeky Revelations
– Black and Read
– The New Firefly board game
– Latest Ascension product
– Lords of Waterdeep
– Upcoming Champions 4th Game with Lee Langston
– Carinn is talking about running an all-ladies campaign, which they are planning to vidcast.
Sean Patrick Fannon, creator of Shaintar, RPG industry veteran, and Chief Everything of Evil Beagle Games, expounds regularly about stuff he is into and stuff he feels like sharing… which could be pretty much anything.